Keto is like marriage, it just doesn’t work if you cheat
Before jumping right into some simple Keto recipes, let’s take a quick look at what Keto Diet is & the benefits.
“Keto Diet” (Ketogenic diet) is a low carb, adequate-protein & high-fat diet that offers many health benefits, including, Weight loss (forcing the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates)
Why Keto Diet?
To achieve Ketosis, a metabolic state in which your body uses fat for fuel instead of carbs.
How does it happen?
By significantly reducing the consumption of carbohydrates, limiting your body’s supply of glucose (sugar), which is the main source of energy for our cells.
What’s Important in Keto Diet?
Moderating your protein consumption as they convert into glucose if consumed in high amounts.
What’s Even More Important?
To remember that I’m NOT a doctor, nutritionist, or dietitian. I’m a curious blogger who loves writing around anything & everything that’s worth sharing, so please do not take any of this as medical advise.
If you have any pre-existing conditions please consult a doctor or any qualified professional before following anything. This article is simply a resource for the people who need it. So it’s important to treat this as a disclaimer before proceeding.
Enjoy the content below :)
Keto Diet is Helpful for other Health Conditions like:
- Heart Diseases
- Diabetes Type 2
- Lowering Blood Pressure
- Gum Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Brain injuries
NOTE: Research into many of these areas is far from conclusive.
Super Easy Keto Recipes for Beginners
1. Egg Salad (Serves 5 | Total carbs: 1g)
- 1/3 cup of finely minced white onion
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 9–12 large eggs
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1-teaspoon black pepper
- Boil eggs & peel them
- chop eggs into 1/2 or 1/4 inch pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve
2. Keto Porridge (Serves 1 | Total Carbs: 4g)
- Almonds (crushed) — 1/4 cup
- Hemp Seeds — 1/2 cup
- Xylitol — 1 tablespoon
- Non-dairy milk — 1 Cup
- Freshly ground flax seeds — 2 tablespoons
- pure vanilla extract — 3/4 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon — 1/2 teaspoon
- Chia Seeds — 1-tablespoon
- For Topping: 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Mix ingredients except the topping and the almonds in a
saucepan and stir well until they are properly mixed.
- Heat until it begins to boil lightly (medium heat)
- Stir once & let it cook for 1–3 minutes
- Remove from the burner & add the ground almonds
- Pour into a bowl, add toppings & serve
3. Avocado Salmon (Serves 1 | Carbs: 4g)
- Wild caught smoked salmon — 60 grams
- Virgin olive oil — 2 tablespoons
- Celtic sea salt
- Juice (1lemon)
- fresh, soft goat cheese — 30 grams
- Organic ripe avocado — 1
- Cut the avocado in half & remove the seed
- Process the other ingredients in a processor until coarsely chopped
- Place the cream inside the avocados then serve
- Alternatively, you could also cut the avocados into cubes and
the salmon in small pieces and mix them up together. Add the
rest of the ingredients with the goat cheese and mix well.
Other Important Information & Tips for you if you’re following KETO
Foods to Avoid
- Sugary foods like soda, fruit juice, shake & smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy (toffee), etc.
- Grains or Starches like wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
- Fruit: all fruit, except small portions of berries like strawberries
- Beans or Legumes: peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Root vegetables and tubers like potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
- low fat or diet products like low-fat mayonnaise, salad dressings, and condiments
- Unhealthy Fats: processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
- Alcohol: beer, wine, liquor, mixed drinks
- Sugar-free diet foods: sugar-free candies, syrups, puddings, sweeteners, desserts, etc.
Food to Eat
- Meat: red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken, and turkey
- Fatty Fish: salmon, trout, tuna, and mackerel
- Eggs: pastured or omega-3 whole eggs
- Butter and Cream: grass-fed butter and heavy cream
- Cheese: unprocessed cheeses like cheddar, goat, cream, blue, or mozzarella
- Nuts and Seeds: almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- Healthy Oils: extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil
- Avocados: Whole avocados or freshly made guacamole
- Low Carb Veggies: green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Condiments: salt, pepper, herbs, and spices
How to get into KETOSIS faster
It takes 48 hours to get into Ketosis & you must need to follow the KETO diet correctly to reach there.
Take this Keto Diet Quiz to get your Health Summary & Custom Keto Diet plan.
You need to fill your:
- Daily Activity Level
- The meat you would like to be included
- Veggies you would like to be included
- Other Food you wish to add
- Your Age, Height, Weight
- Target Weight
You will get a free report like this & a customized KETO diet plan as per your details:
REMEMBER: This is not a high protein diet. The keto diet is a high-fat, low carb, and moderate protein diet.
Moderate is the key word here (Source:Custom Keto Diet)
Invaluable #TIPS to make KETO easy for you 😉
- Eat less than 20 carbs a day
- Water: 100 ounces per day. Drink more to lose more
- DO NOT PANIC if you experience: Dizziness, Irritability, Fatigue, Mood Swings. Don’t give up, it doesn’t come easy — treat yourself with some KETO diets
- VERY IMPORTANT: Consume more SALT
- Keep the door closed for HUNGER
- EAT FAT TO LOSE FAT
Heads Up: My post contains affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but I’ll get a small commission which helps keep the lights on.